Terms of Trade
These Trading Terms (“Terms”) set out the terms and conditions upon which you may purchase products via the AKL INDUSTRIES web site or telephone. Please read the following Terms carefully before placing your order. By completing the online order form/ordering via telephone you (the “Customer”) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below.
- Goods displayed on the AKL INDUSTRIES website are available for purchase (subject to availability) online, over the telephone and in AKL INDUSTRIES stores in Australia.
- The Customer must use the online order system to place an order for Goods via the internet (“Online Order”). The Customer warrants that all information and data provided by him/her in the online order is accurate, complete and up to date. The Customer will promptly inform AKL INDUSTRIES if there is any change to this information or data.
- After an Online Order has been submitted, the Customer will be contacted via telephone, fax or email to confirm that all order details are correct, give payment details and confirm that all delivery charges are approved by the Customer. Within a reasonable time after such confirmation and approval is received, AKL INDUSTRIES will arrange delivery of the Goods to the address within Australia nominated by the Customer (“Delivery Address”).
- The Customer is responsible for any costs associated with accessing the AKL INDUSTRIES website and placing Online Orders including any internet service provider fees and for all telephone call charges if ordering by telephone.
- AKL INDUSTRIES may withhold supply of the Goods to the Customer where AKL INDUSTRIES has insufficient Goods to fulfil the order, the Goods ordered have been discontinued or if the Customer has an account with AKL INDUSTRIES and that account is overdue. A full refund of any amounts paid by the Customer will be made if the supply of Goods is withheld.
- Prices listed are in Australian dollars and are subject to change but will not affect orders placed prior to a change to the price taking effect.
- All prices include Australian GST.
- Special pricing are as shown on website. No further discounts will apply.
- Goods ordered are charged at the price applicable at the time the order is submitted. Upon delivery of the Goods, AKL INDUSTRIES will provide a tax invoice specifying the total price for the Goods including delivery.
- Customers may set up an account with AKL INDUSTRIES by completing and submitting to AKL INDUSTRIES the Application for Commercial Credit. AKL INDUSTRIES’s General Credit Terms and Conditions apply.
- AKL INDUSTRIES accepts the following payment methods for Online Orders and telephone orders: credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express); cheque (personal or bank) or money order. Cheque payments require 5 Business Days to clear before Goods are dispatched to the Customer. Cash payments are accepted in AKL INDUSTRIES stores only.
- Property in the Goods does not pass until the Customer has paid all monies owing to AKL INDUSTRIES in full. Risk in the Products passes to the Customer at the time the Goods are delivered to the Delivery Address.
- AKL Industries only sells its products within Australia. We do not ship or make deliveries outside of Australia.
- Delivery times vary per item and unique to each order.
- Order placed under the value of $1,000.00 will have a set minimum delivery charge fee of $25.00. Orders of over $1,000.00 are subject to free delivery in most postcodes within Australia however we will finalise prior to completing the order.
- Orders will be delivered to the address provided and indicated on your order confirmation. If no-one is available to receive delivery of your order at the time the carrier attends, the carrier will leave a card with details to collect from the closest distribution centre.
Returns and Refunds
- No refunds, replacement items or account credits are valid if you changed your mind about an item/product, made an incorrect choice or failed to accurately provide information when placing an order.
- We will accept returns on damaged, faulty, or incorrectly supplied products. You will be responsible for returning the goods to us and its associated costs and will remain responsible for all returned goods until they reach our facility. We advise that you return goods via a tracked courier. The shipping and handling charges will be refunded when returned goods arrive and have been verified to be at our fault. Please contact our customer service representative by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will be processed with 7-14 days of receiving your returned item/s. We will notify you via email as soon as your refund is processed.
- AKL INDUSTRIES takes reasonable care in supplying personal protective equipment and other safety equipment based on information provided by the Customer. However, AKL INDUSTRIES is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused to person or property as a result of the Customer’s failure to seek professional advice from appropriate authorities or safety specialists before making a purchase from AKL INDUSTRIES.
- AKL INDUSTRIES is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered by the Customer as a result of any act, omission or statement made by AKL INDUSTRIES, its employees, contractors or agents whether negligent or not, or as a result of a delay or inability to deliver the Goods, except that nothing in these Terms limits any liability imposed by any statute, including, without limitation the Australian Consumer Law, unless or to the extent that it is lawful to do so.
- The Customer indemnifies AKL INDUSTRIES against all loss, liability, cost (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) and expense incurred by AKL INDUSTRIES in connection with any act or omission of the Customer including, but not limited to, negligence of the Customer or any unauthorised representation made or warranty given by the Customer in connection with the Goods; or as a result of any claim made or action brought in connection with the Goods or their use other than a claim or action brought by the Customer under these Terms or a condition or warranty implied by law which is not excluded by these Terms.
- The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the website remains with the Customer. To the extent permitted by law, the Customer releases and discharges AKL INDUSTRIES and its related bodies corporate from all forms of direct, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including loss of profits and loss of data) arising out of or in connection with AKL INDUSTRIES or these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The Customer acknowledges that AKL INDUSTRIES or its related bodies corporate own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in the AKL INDUSTRIES web site (including, but not limited to, any images, photographs or text which appear on the web site). The Customer agrees that he/she will make no representation to the contrary, and that he/she will not use or copy AKL INDUSTRIES’s website or content in any manner which is inconsistent with the rights of the owner or licensee of such intellectual property rights.
- The Customer acknowledges that any trade marks or logos which appear on the AKL INDUSTRIES web site are owned by or licensed to AKL INDUSTRIES or its related bodies corporate, and that the Customer must not do anything to prejudice the rights of the trade mark owner or licensee to such trade marks or logos.
Provisions are severable
- Each clause and subclause of these Terms is separate and independent. If any clause or subclause is found to be invalid or ineffective, the other clauses or subclauses will not be adversely affected.
Changes to terms
- AKL INDUSTRIES reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time. Amended Terms come into effect from the time they are posted on the website. You should review this page regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes to the terms prior to placing an order.
Effect of other terms
- These Terms are in no way affected by any other express or implied terms contained in any terms of sale issued by a business Customer in relation to the sale of the Goods.
- Where these Terms are inconsistent with the General Credit Terms and Conditions in respect of a Customer’s account with AKL INDUSTRIES, the General Credit Terms and Conditions prevail.
- If you have any queries about AKL INDUSTRIES products or would like to place an order, please contact AKL INDUSTRIES in Australia on ………