Joel has over ten years’ experience in the Building Trade, culminating in being a joint managing director of H&A Home Building Services for five years.
After leaving the Building Industry in 2013 Joel began his new journey in the Import, Export and online sales sector. This work experience in the sourcing, manufacturing, and importing of merchandise and apparel from China, has led to a strong understanding of the processes and requirements of getting a product from the research and development stage through to online sales to consumer and customer follow up.
This Industry knowledge, experience and contacts include:
- Finding competent, capable and experienced Chinese Factories that can conform to our product specifications and ensure compliance with applicable Australian product safety standards.
- Have access to existing Sourcing Agents on the ground in China that are proven, reliable and ready to go to facilitate throughout the manufacturing process.
- The extensive process of dealing with and having multiple factories producing samples and achieving the product you desire
- Ensuring Chinese factories and their workers meet quality control measures
- Enlisting and working with freight forwarders to import goods, whether by air or sea freight
- An intermediate understanding of Facebook ads
- Selling and promoting products on the Amazon platform
Joel has been a researcher and sales executive through many of these Amazon businesses that he has built from scratch, and has lived abroad for many years building relationships through the Amazon network. Joel brings the experience of the online industry, opening opportunities through the sales platform in Australia and abroad. His knowledge of this industry, the Amazon Platform, and China manufacturing and importing process that will hold AKL in great stead for the future.